- I just read an article where a father in Maryland was banned from his daughter's school for raising a stink over their two week course on Islam. It was the second time in as many days that I have run across this complaint. People are asking if the school takes two weeks to teach on the history of Christianity, or any other religion and I'd put money on it that they don't.
I guess the main problem here is the complaint that the schools are representing Islam as a peaceful religion. I haven't seen the curriculum or textbooks, but if this is actually so, then they are lying to the kids and I'd have an objection to this as well. However, if this man's daughter, or any of your kids have a strong enough conviction to be able to speak up, what an opportunity to bring up the facts to the whole class!
- Fact 1: Mohammad married a six year old and consummated the marriage when she was nine. In the US, he would be in jail. But to be fair, most of his wives were older and married for compassion or political reasons.
- Fact 2: Mohammad declared war on the rest of the world and personally led 64 jihads. The first victims were Meccan traders. Mohammad attacked them for profit and for revenge of he and his followers being kicked out of their homes. Islam quickly spread against other defenseless villagers; killing, plundering and raping. Many of these were Byzantine Christians. Muslims will try to tell you that they were Jews that had broken a treaty with the prophet. This is manifestly not true. The Jews had no political presence until 1948 and could not have signed any treaties with Mohammad. There probably were a scattering of Jews in the area, but for the most part the people were Eastern Orthodox Christians.
- Fact 3: Islam continued to spread by bloody conquest, practically unhindered for the next 493 years until Constantinople pled for help from Rome. Rome did get involved at this point because Spain had also been invaded. Thus was born the crusades, a result of almost 500 years of brutal Islamic oppression and slaughter.
- Fact 4: The culture and science that Islam boasts so much about were for the most part the result of the absorption of Byzantine science and culture, Muslims contributed little to nothing.
- All these facts are easily verified in a electronic world, so please, feel free and then send your kids to school armed to challenge any textbooks which are striving to mold their world views (Hitler called this propaganda: information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view). Read your kids textbooks and discuss the contents with them! Attend PTA meetings with any concerns you have. If necessary, approach the school board or even run for office. We could really use somebody to vote for!